Granted, the first thing you think of when your mind wanders to the holidays may not be Florida, but if you live anywhere around here or are lucky enough to visit the Volusia County area during the winter months, you know that we take our holidays just as or more seriously than northerners!
Central Florida, a world-class hub of arts and entertainment full of festivals and fun, turns into a delightful winter wonderland around the holidays. Snow will most likely be absent from our Volusia County weather report, but we have fabulous weather none-the-less…winter weather that beckons you to get out and about to enjoy all sorts of activities, and if you are here, enjoy you will!
Let’s start with just a few in the Daytona Beach area:
- Deemed “Best Christmas Decorations in Florida” by USA Today, The Christmas Spectacular tour at Stetson Mansion Starts November 1st and is open throughout the holidays.
- From November 18th through January 5th, Rosa Villa in Ormond Beach offers an outdoor photo op with larger than life gingerbread men, candy canes and hundreds of colorful lights.
- Daytona International Speedway hosts the 5th Annual Magic of Lights drive through holiday lights display November 19th through January 1st this year.
- Then there is the Turkey Run every Thanksgiving weekend, held on 480 acres of infield and known far and wide as the largest classic car show and swap meet in the United States!
- Scrooge the Musical will be presented at the Athens Theatre from November 26th through December 18th.
- Winter in Volusia County includes engaging cultural events as well, such as the December 1st Laser Rock Concert at the Planetarium at Daytona’s Museum of Arts & Sciences and the Art Walk through Historic Ormond Beach on December 3rd, which actually takes place the 1st Saturday of every month and where visitors can view new art and enjoy live entertainment.
- Don’t miss the boat because December 3rd is the Daytona Beach Christmas Boat Parade, which runs along the Halifax River and finishes up at the Halifax Harbor Marina – with plenty of great vantage points along the way.
- Catch a Million Dollar Quartet Christmas at Peabody Auditorium December 5th and Santa Claus the movie on December 9th at the Rockefeller Gardens outdoor venue.
- Then shop until you drop at the Holiday Market at Volusia Mall, with over 60 vendors and artisans.
- Don’t forget the New Year’s Eve Party along Main Street from A1A to Peninsula Drive, complete with a ball drop, performers, souvenirs and food trucks full of holiday treats.
New Smyrna Beach is no slouch either when it comes to fun things to do throughout the winter months:
- It all starts on November 25th with Spark the Spirit, a tree lighting ceremony, as well as Santa’s grand entrance and workshop.
- The Coastal Christmas Market in the heart of the New Smyrna Historic District is a street fair on Canal with holiday items from 90 plus vendors.
- Enjoy a showing of A Christmas Carol December 1 through the 12th at The Little Theatre of New Smyrna Beach.
- On December 3rd, there is a Christmas Parade with “A Musical Christmas” theme; and the 2nd Annual Corvette Christmas Car Show.
- If crafts are your thing, check out the Holiday Craft Fair & Vendor Show at the Brannon Center on Riverside Drive on December 4th.
- December 10th is the Southeastern Volusia Boat Parade, a dazzling light display floating along the Indian River.
- Got kids? December 16th is One Day Fun Day, a Christmastime camp for kids at Babe James Center
- Then ring in the New Year with fireworks along Flagler Avenue, which happens to be festive all year long!
Edgewater is also amazing during the winter…and beyond:
Although the Southeastern Volusia Boat Parade runs smack dab through Edgewater too, there is also a Christmas parade on land in Edgewater which is themed “Christmas Traditions through History” and will run along Indian River Boulevard on December 11th.
One more wintertime (and all the time) asset in Edgewater is Velocity Clinical Research. Velocity Clinical Research is also conveniently located in the heart of Volusia County, where winter is a wonderland with everything from family friendly fun, to bustling beaches, shopping and dining areas, as well as nightlife beyond compare.
At Velocity Clinical Research, we are committed to respectful, compassionate patient care and gathering high quality data with unsurpassed results. Conducting clinical trials covering a wide range of study areas, Velocity Clinical Research has been advancing medicine through research since 2010 and offers state-of-the-art facilities with new efficiencies, as well as knowledgeable medical professionals integrating an effective, comprehensive approach.
The Velocity Clinical Research experienced research team includes physicians who are all board certified within their specialties and a clinical team dedicated to quality research and data collection. Our doctors and experienced research professionals work closely with clinical trial volunteers to monitor and assess the benefits and effectiveness of certain treatments. Velocity Clinical Research can support up to 26 in-house patients and a large number of outpatients.
If you would like to help make our world a healthier place with a brighter future, please feel free to call Velocity Clinical Research for more information at 386-428-7730 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; or email your questions to email@example.com. You can also learn more about the clinical research trials at Velocity Clinical Research by accessing our patient portal which can be found on our website. Just visit velocityclinical.com.
Velocity Clinical Research volunteers not only markedly contribute to significant breakthroughs in medicine; they are often able to benefit from innovative medical treatments before they are made available to the general public. In addition, Velocity Clinical Research volunteers may be paid for their time, there are no costs for the medical procedures or treatments provided and there is no insurance necessary to participate.